Friday, July 27, 2012

Who's the true Olympian?? & MORE!

Hello,EVERYONE! 
I hope You are all Having a Good Week! It's FRIDAY!! :)
WHOO HOO!!!
Make sure, you head off to My Other Blog & read my Olympics Post! are you ready for them? "Olympic Wear!" to Fashion Love by Pam

I was on USA today's Websites Then I started reading this Story about Shannon Boxx Who plays for United States women's national soccer team! and will be playing in London! 
but the big deal, why I'm tell Sharing this with you, is That Shannon was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome in 2002. Sjogren's syndrome, you may recall, is the same condition that tennis great Venus Williams was diagnosed with in August of last year. When Boxx was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome, she was informed that she had an increased risk of developing other autoimmune conditions too. And she did. In 2007, Boxx was diagnosed with lupus. So far, her lupus is reportedly mild and she has managed the condition with medication and by making some adjustments to her schedule. Even so, in the past 5 years, Boxx has started almost every game for the national team. As you watch Olympic coverage, remember her name, Shannon Boxx. Go Shannon! Bring home the gold for Team USA! 
This is the story in USA Today
She's a true Olympian, In my book.
it just proves that Olympians are real people. I feel so sad for her also, Because I know her pain even thought she has all in her life,she's still playing, I will keep her in my prayers! 


Well, Jerry (AKA Person who Gives me My shots) is back!
 I'm happy about that, I saw him on Monday,I got shots on the right part of my back, & my left arm.
Then I have been resting a Lot because of My carpel Tunnel as Been bothering me, a lot more!
 my Aunt Came in from Out of town & we went to go see her.
oh I almost forgot! Dad took me out to For a Father & daughter Date at California Pizza. I'll post some photos Below.
My summer has been really good so far and I still have my back pain & arm Pain but I'm learning to Deal with it.


as you all know, People with  RA or Lupus or arthritis Shouldn't really be outside in the Sun, well I found a App That is a UV Detector! for the sun's rays and Will tell you if It's high or low. So it's Really Cool. :) 
Click me!

I hope You have a Good weekend!
Have Friday!
God Bless!
-Pam <3

Quote of the Day!


"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more."
~ Louis L'Amour




Our Pizza! 


My Salad! it was SO GOOD! the dressing was blue Cheese! 











4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm sportist too, not playing in a highest level as this girls on the USA soccer team, but well... I know what it feels to try hard doing what you love to do. So sure this girl you talked about has suffered a lot playing such a hard sport with that disease! D:

    Olympic spirit means the same for me. It's try to do the best you can, even if you have to get over a disease!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog by the way :)
    See ya!
    Amanda R.
    http://somethingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Amanda!
      Oh Yes,I know what you mean! So true! Oh Your welcome! I love your Blog! it's nice to go to Spain for a While. :D
      Thank You Commenting!
      XOXO Pam <3

      Delete
  2. Love ur quotes and the pizzaaaa....I have been craving pizza for too long now :S
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.


    ReplyDelete

Thank You Commenting! & I always read them.
Xx Pam