Thursday, July 19, 2012

Don't Judge & book Haul!

 Hi, Everyone!
     Hope You are all doing well. 
Hope You have Been reading My Twitter!  
You may have seen, that I have been sicker than usual. 
I wanted to Post sooner But now I'm Feeling Better, it was just allergies. 
When I went to the Doctor's office this past Tuesday, something interesting happened that I wanted to share with my fellow Readers who also take ALOT of medicines. 
Here's what Happened! Mom and I were waiting to get called in and then they called me inside,"Pamela" I got up and walked in and when we were in the room. I was talking to the nurse, let's call her "Rosie" was checking my blood pressure & heartbeat then "Rosie" was looking at my medicine list and said "Wow! you are taking so Many Medicines! Why do you take so many?" (Almost as if I just started to doing that.)  I said, "well, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Fibromyalgia,(Fibro) (IBS) Sjogren's Syndrome  
and Still's Disease". I was telling her ALL about everything and then she says "Well, You're On a Lot of Medicines, You should Talk to your Dr or think about Stopping at least half of The medicines, Because It could hurt your Kidneys or Liver later in Life. I respectfully said,"yes, You're right" She kept saying "You need to think about later in Life." She left and said, "The Doctor will be in shortly."
Mom was super Offended, she looked at me and said, "She's doesn't know your life or the pain you are in." I said, "it's Ok, Mom,"
Then we left, it didn't hit me till later and then I felt a  little more judged, because 
1.You don't KNOW ME or My Life story.
2. If I take away even just ONE of my Medicines I'm in pain for days! 
3. You think, we don't know THAT!! Like I don't Look things up or Like I just got Diagnosed last week or something. I know what can Happen Later in my life But If I don't do it. 
My bone erosion's will get worse. 
I have no choice.
This is maybe the 10th Time someone like a medical professional, like nurses or Doctors someone has Judge me like this. 
If someone Has Made you feel like That, take comfort that you  are not the only one and that's why this blog was created for all chronic pain patients. I just want you to know I know what you are going through. 
People don't know Your Life or your back story or what You have been though. 
I would NEVER say That to anyone because it's rude, even as a nurse she has no Compassion. Smile, I know you and you know me~

But Before I got sick. I went to The Book store this Past Saturday! 
and I picked up some good books! 

"Jude the obscure" by Thomas Hardy

"The screwtape letters" by C.S. Lewis



 
"The Hobbit" by J.J.R. Tolkien



all three! 

and I haven't really Been doing to much, Just Resting & trying to get better, The Mold here is 12000 It's going to stay this way for a WHILE! so I'm just trying to get my head together! the fibro already takes some of it away.. Lol. 
Off to go to REST! & read! :) 
God Bless! 
-Pamela <3 

Qoute of the DAY! 

                    Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
                                                      ~ Dalai Lama



                                                    HAPPY Photos! 








4 comments:

  1. It makes me so mad when doctors and nurses do that, especially since they should be helping, not judging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley,I know right! they should Know better! btw Thank You for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I followed you back on everything:). I see you are a Christian, I am too! God bless.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!
      aww your welcome! & Thank You so much,Yes, I AM!
      Oh That's WONDERFUL,We are sisters In Christ!
      Thanks for reading! God Bless!
      Xo Pam

      Delete

Thank You Commenting! & I always read them.
Xx Pam