Friday, January 6, 2012

What is MCSS? Is it for Real?

Hello Readers!
I wanted to write about something That has Been Affecting me lately and Making My Life a Little more tougher then Normal.. MCSS! It really  has been bothering me a Lot! If you are new to Fibro or a lot of people just don't know what it is!
What am I talking about? The Full Name is 
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome. 
LONG name, am I right?!
So Let's Say that you Smell things others don't or sometimes food or drinks taste weird, like maybe soap? Or food or drink have no Taste at all. How about like  can you hear things that  no else hears? Well, this syndrome comes along with fibromyalgia. Also sometimes along with some other diseases. It might even be called something else!    
 And in the health World other names are, "Multiple chemical sensitivity" (MCS) is also called "environmental illness" or "sick building syndrome."
 And there are some more, but I don't know what they are. If there are any names you have heard of and I haven't posted them on here, Feel free to tell me and I will Post them on here.
What Causes it? Well, no one knows why. This one thing I have heard some Doctors say.
This theory suggests that MCSS may share a similar cause to fibromyalgia. Studies have shown that a deficiency in neural synapses in the brain may be causing extreme sensitivity to certain chemicals and foods. Neural synapses are responsible for stimulating nerve cells in the brain. Synapses in people with MCSS show abnormal electrical activity and may actually be overly sensitive.
Sounds just like Fibro, right? And normally when you have Fibro this comes along with it or it come before or After the Fibro comes.
What are the Symptoms? MCSS causes symptoms that affect all systems in your body, including the skin, respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract, and neurological and immune systems. Headaches, sometimes Feels like migraines. runny nose, itchy eyes, sore throat, and other cold-like symptoms, nausea and diarrhea, aching muscles and joints, Even more the Normal! fatigue and difficulty sleeping, anxiety and depression
difficulty breathing, migraines and headaches, problems with balance,sensitivity to loud noises And increased sensitivity to bright lights and one that comes all with it all the time. Usually odors don't affect people. But they can be sickening to us. Happens all the time for me and a Lot of PEOPLE!! More than we think.
Here's a tip from me! when your Fibro is acting Up, Look out for the Symptoms.
One time, I was asleep and woke up and it smelled like Paint! I ask my Mom "Why does it smell like Paint?" she said, "I don't smell anything." Well, two Houses down they were painting the house! And I smelled it! I was so surprised. Other times I saw the regular room lights and it was Brighter than usual. I would get really Bad Headaches, like they were migraines. But I went to the Doctor and no one knew what it was.  Then My Rhumy told me about Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome. I know some Doctors don't think it exists. But it's Real. Just me or my Readers who have it.. 
Right now. I'm still sick from an upper respiratory infection.. and Getting Better. I am going to get my shots on Thursday morning! and My cousins are coming OVER! I miss them! I can't wait to see them and my Baby cousin is coming over! They make my Day! Anyway have a Wonderful week! God Bless! 
-Pamela AKA FaithGirl.



Grandma's Menudo! Mexican Soup... I always eat it when i'm sick.. I need it!!! 



















Where I got My info from 




1 comment:

Thank You Commenting! & I always read them.
Xx Pam