Saturday, May 1, 2010

JRA Names and What's JIA??

Since this Month is Arthritis Awareness Month, I thought about Doing a Post about the Names of JRA (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) and What is JIA?  What is Oligoarticular JIA and Polyarticular JIA and Systemic JIA
So JRA and JIA?? JRA is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis But the Doctor Term for is is JIA Juvenile idiopathic arthritis,YES Idiopathic!!! when I first heard, I was like why Are they calling me a Idiot?? HAHA! But then they told me, idiopathic means Unknown Cause, so for you to understand it more, It's like Juvenile I don't know why you have it arthritis!!! Because they thought rheumatoid would make kids feel bad, So they Now they call it idiopathic But it can make you feel worser because Like me, if you just got it, and Think why are they calling me a Idiot! Don't you Think?? But the more used term is Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and rheumatoid means,  non-specific term for medical problems affecting the joints and connective tissue and non-specific term means Unknown CAUSE! It's mess, I think!! But then for while they were caling it juvenile chronic arthritis a term that is not precise as JIA does not encompass all forms of chronic childhood arthritis.there are like millions of Diseases so in the end, it was going to work. But The Main thing I think, Is that No one knows what really causes it. Ok, But My Doctor just call it JRA juvenile rheumatoid arthritis And Most do. 




Now What is Oligoarticular JIA and Polyarticular JIA and Systemic JIA??
The First one Oligoarticular JIA only Hurts a Few Joints and You have no Fevers and does not hurt the Hip, But can hurt the Eyes, I haven't met anyone who has this one, But if you do, TELL ME!! :D 


Next Polyarticular JIA
I have Polyarticular JIA, and a Lot of my friends do to. It's the Most Common.
With this BAD DISEASE!! it can hurt 5 or more joints in the first 6 months of disease. The joints affected are usually symmetrical, meaning that it affects both joints on both sides of the body (such as both wrists) and it can hurt your Eyes, and No fevers. 



Next is Systemic JIA and you can get pain in the Joints, The Arthritis and fever and a salmon pink rash on your Chest or Face and it comes and Go's and it can hurt your internal organs and it cause Serositis and that means inflammation of the serous tissues of the body, the tissues lining the lungs (pleura), heart (pericardium), and the inner lining of the abdomen (peritoneum) and organs within!!!! AHHH!! :( Not good and can sometimes be still's And they are related somehow but they don't know why! :O 
and of course Girls and boys can get it, most of my friends who have it are girls but I do Know some guys who have it to.


So That's It for Now, I Hope Y'all like it and that it helps and Thanks to the Websites who Helped me :) 
-Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Commenting! & I always read them.
Xx Pam